Saturday 15 April 2017

J'AIME PARIS

There is a certain 'je ne sais quoi' about Paris!

I love Paris and the city inspires me - on so many levels.

On this visit I moved too fast - I was showing the City to someone from overseas and in trying to cover a lot of ground I missed many special moments in magical light which are so beautiful when captured 'in camera'.  I had a great time but I'll be back at a slower pace!




The splendid Eiffel Tower caught as the light falls




I had wanted to find a way to portray the Eiffel Tower in a more unique way than the classic post card shots seen everywhere- this reflection was exactly what I was looking for!




It just takes a lucky moment to capture what we are looking for - here was my lucky moment demonstating 'Parisien Chic' wonderfully




The HĂ´tel des Invalides at nightfall
A beautiful building, impossible to take a bad shot!





La Cathedrale de Notre Dame. 
Seriously majestic and perfectly suited to black and white





One of my favourite places on this planet:  Le Jardin du Luxembourg
On the day of my visit, just a few days ago, the sun was shining, live big band music was coming from the band stand and everybody was sporting a smile on their face.  Children sailed their boats with such glee, ice creams were being enjoyed by many and I felt so lucky to be there.




A delightful afternoon in the Jardin du Luxembourg




And even in the Metro there were endless photo opportunities - many sadly missed due to us rushing everywhere!  In fact, I would love, in the future, to do a series of photos taken solely in the Metro.  The textures on the walls, the people, the lighting - all make for interesting shots

J'aime Paris - I hope you do too! đź’ś








#Paris #France

No comments:

Post a Comment