Sunday 23 April 2017

NATURE IS SPOILING ME!

The good news is that nature has been very kind to me this week and has delivered to me some true beauties to photograph.  

The bad news is that my camera found the exercise overwhelming and shut down on me!  Maybe he feels I am overworking him or maybe he feels quite French and has decided to 'manifest' ?!!  Anyway, tomorrow he will leave for Nikon hospital.  I am hoping it will only be for a few days as I feel quite jittery wthout him :(

This photo looks like it has had the caricature treatment - but it hasn't.  I like the strength of the anemone




This one packs a punch too!  It's a poppy which had been wide open earlier in the day but had demurely closed up as the sun had abated.  




Again, simplicity makes for a powerful shot.  I wanted the foremost petals to be sharp but, playing with depth of field, to enjoy hazy petals in the background creating an interesting contrast and guiding the viewer's eye very clearly to the sharp elements.




The majority of my Macros,by their very nature, feature singular elements.  On this occasion I wanted to feature a family of flowers but to have only one in sharp focus. It was a different approach for me and one which I found pleasing.




This could be considred a more traditional shot but I think the jazzy blue centre
                                                     gives it a little extra kick!




I have a wonderful selection of wild poppies sitting in a mug of water in my kitchen, waiting to pose for my camera.  Sadly it is not to be with my camera not obliging at the moment.  Let's hope he's fully recovered soon for me to bring you another week's dalliances next weekend!



#macro  #nature #botanica #flowers



No comments:

Post a Comment